Releasing BOSH blobs
This is a guide to upload new BOSH blobs to our common blob store.
Our blobs are stored in the gds-paas-build-releases-blobs S3 bucket which belongs to the CI AWS account.
You can read about adding and uploading blobs here.
- You’ll need access to the CI AWS account (write access to the blob store S3 bucket)
- BOSH cli
In this example we’re going to upload Go 1.9 to the blob store.
You have to run the following commands from a BOSH release.
1. First download the blob:
curl -L https://redirector.gvt1.com/edgedl/go/go1.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz -O
2. Add the new blob to the BOSH release
bosh add-blob [PATH TO]/go1.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz golang/go1.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz
3. As we are assuming roles from a parent account for AWS access you have to create the file config/private.yml with the following content:
--- blobstore: provider: s3 options: credentials_source: env_or_profile
4. Check if adding the blob was successful:
It should list the added blob as new.
5. Upload the new blob to the blobstore
aws-vault exec <ACCOUNT-NAME> -- bosh upload-blobs
6. The config/blobs.yml should be updated now and you can commit the new or updated blob definiton.
golang/go1.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz: object_id: e414cd61-f037-4d47-a671-c7909b39182c sha: 6a00c39435edc1e102f1fb75cc1137fba4c9e4e2 size: 102601309